have released what they call "R-mode" for AMD cards. This will on some AMD gpus make it possible to run with a lower core clk, and then lower core undervolt, to save power, without loosing hashrate!
Its worth reading TeamRedMiner Ethash R-mode Tuning Guide
but this expected behavior for the different GPUs:
- 6900XT/6800XT/6800: small powersave of -2-3W by lowering core clk,
might not be worth the effort.
- 6700XT: good effect, 1000 MHz core enough for 1075 MHz mem clk.
- 6600XT: our tests indicate there is no real point using it, but we are
waiting for more user feedback.
- 5700XT/5700: big winner. Core clk 1050-1075 MHz is now enough to
sustain 56 MH/s. Can almost always run at sub-700mV core voltage.
- 5600XT: decent winner. Core clk 950 MHz supports 42 MH/s, core voltage
can be dropped low.
- Radeon VII family: solid win, hashrate restored to original C-mode
levels and slightly more, average boost 2-3 MH/s per gpu.
- Vega 56/64: a small hashrate boost and/or powersave from being able
to use lower core clk. For 51-52 MH/s a core clk of 925-950 MHz is
Important! Please read the two following steps, or it will NOT work!
1. You will need to enable "Run as root" in the miners group config:
2. You will need to add --kernel_vm_mode=RR
to your miner options (Found under Group Config in Simplemining).Back